Welcome to my blog!

Relish in the little things.

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Sunshine on my shoulders...makes me happy

John Denver could not have said it better. There is something magical about the mountains. The sky is bigger, the stars are brighter and I feel a deep sense of tranquility out West. The sun is loving, not harsh. The communities are rich with life and share a unique spirit of living- not just surviving. As cheesy as it sounds, I really had a Rocky Mountain high.

Larry and I just returned from a trip to Denver and that familiar `gosh I miss it` pang is already following me around. Of course we kept very busy and had the most enjoyable time with family. Although our schedule was full, there is a simplicity to life out West. People take the time to slow down and appreciate the beauty surrounding them. I love the local flavor. The Denverites love their fresh fruits and veggies, green living and like the French, they share a Joie de Vivre. One moment that stands out- Larry and I walked two blocks from Mom's house to a tiny corner store and grabbed a fantastic assortment of microbrews and then sauntered home hand in hand, just tickled with our good fortune. All the while, the locals driving and (mostly) biking or walking smile at you and greeted us with a warmth and kindness that I have never experienced. I call it the happiest place on Earth, next to Disney.

So forgive me for going on about my love affair with this lovely city. For I have also fallen in love with the surrounding areas. Boulder for it's liberal eccentricities, Golden for its fun-loving beauty and even the airport is stunning with grand white canopies which resemble airy tee pee like tents, all nestled amongst the Rockies. It is a little piece of heaven.

I can't forget to mention all of the other wonderful happenings- my new nephew's arrival being foremost in my mind! I'll post more about our meeting and time together. Until then, bluegrass tunes will be humming softly in the back of my mind.

xoxo,
Christy

No comments: