Welcome to my blog!

Relish in the little things.

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Denver, I miss you already


Larry and I had the priviledge of flying out to Denver for Thanksgiving this year to see Mom, Kevin, Holly and little Ethan. To say we had fun would be an understatement. We were completely drawn into this friendly town which seemed more like a mid-west attitude than what I was expecting.

People are genuinely happy here. They smile back. They allow you to pass in front while driving. They thank you for your business. They don't beat their children in public. Guess that's too much to ask for, but I've only been back three days and I've already encountered the opposite end of everything mentioned above.

Years ago, Jacksonville looked like the perfect compromise of size and character. Not Atlanta and not Melbourne, maybe it would be just right. Goldilocks said it best. However as Jacksonville grows at an exponential rate, unemployment rises and people's general attitude of unrest comes to the forefront, I am less and less enthused at what I see. It was easy to ignore but now that I've seen what Denver is all about, I'm envious to say the least.

So here is my gratitude for the day- mountain views in Washington Park below and the Red Rocks Ampitheater above:

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

beautiful thoughts and pics!