Welcome to my blog!

Relish in the little things.

Monday, August 29, 2011

Come together, right now!

So it finally came together. Our little office. Larry and I both work from home in some capacity so having no office for the past 5 weeks was tough. There's still some tweaking to be done and Larry's side needs a little spit shine but hey, that's what I'm here for. It will get done. Gotta get going on the craft room next...



Curtains: West Elm
Desk: World Market, the Josephine
Paint: Polished Silver (Valspar) at Lowe's


Lamp: Home Goods
Seagrass baskets total of 5: Home Goods (for super duper good deals- no bin was more than $8)


Mini card catalog holder: World Market
Metal bin spray painted burnt orange: Home Goods - again on the cheap (less than $5)
DIYed file cabinet spray painted in Heirloom White (love this!) and silver spray paint on the pulls


My DIY wall art, frames from West Elm
Scrapbook paper from Joanne's(at $25 cents a page I got lots of metallics and matte cardstock in oranges, grays and silver)
Then I added tissue paper tape in cool script and butterflies to make it stand out and add more texture and pattern - me thinks they look better in person


Oh drat, you can't tell from the picture but this is the $30 Target bookshelf that will be going into the trash (or to some kind of shelter). It's as steady as a kindergartener getting on the school bus for the first time. It sways and if you breathe too hard, it will fall over. So this part was a disappointment. BUT we're working on refurbing a piece of my mom's that will be just "the thing" we need here.

The piece will hold some mementos, my laquer tray (West Elm) and other goodies. I bought a small succulent plant with little white pebbles, bright purple moss and charcoal with dirt all in a pretty glass jar. (Update: it arrived today from a great Etsy seller in Cali, called Wendiland, which will find a home perched on a stack of books.) See??!! Aww. I love.




My lovely DIY shelves :) Two pieces of wood, painted glossy white and trimmed in a funky pattern. These are so fun! My two baskets were $1.98 each at Joanne's and I coated them in gray spray paint. Then my little birdy candle from West Elm along with a few random odds and ends are place holders for now. I'm waiting for some magazine files to arrive via One King's Lane (have you seen their site yet? If not, get thee Googled...and visit stat. I got some white storage pieces for a steal! White sturdy magazine files for $11 a pair- yes please! Beat that Ikea!)


See the dark laminate floors? Ahhh, so pretty. I made a quick back pillow cover for my chair out of the orange and white polka dot pattern and popped it with a little strip of flowery fabric I had around the house.

Whatcha think? I love it. Gray, orange and white is my new fav. Still to do: a make shift bulletin board to go under my shelves here in the most fabulous sea creature pattern.


Remember this? Now what to do with it. Cover a large bulletin board? Cover a few cork squares and call it a day? These are the decisions that keep me up at night.


So I saved the best for last, Larry's corner. It's much more, eh, what you call utilitarian. Yes,that'll be fixed shortly we just had to put our artist/craft/designer/printer/work supplies somewhere!



Thanks for reading along!

Christy

1 comment:

While You're Away said...

Looks awesome. Hard work will always pay off.